A Different Occasion


You can never have enough blazers.

Here are two different outfits I wore on two separate occasions, featuring one item in common: the blazer. Although I wasn't really planning on writing a post about blazers, I thought it would be a good idea of showing how to dress a blazer up or down. It's not a new idea at all – both for women and for men – but I wanted to focus particularly on how to add interesting details through accessories.

This first outfit features the burgundy blazer which I've already worn here and here. I'm not one to wear ties except with suits for formal occasions or job interviews, but I was itching to wear this tie bar from Asos, so I clipped it on to my slim black tie for dinner to celebrate my mother's birthday.

Blazer by H&M, old cardigan by Bossini, trousers by Zara, shirt and tie bar by Asos,
belt by New Look, sunglasses by Topman and black shoes (not shown) by Bata.

On the other hand, I wore this navy blazer (also from H&M – a real steal at just €25) to lunch with Claire, Nicole and Stephanie to work on a secret project (more to come soon!). Stephanie is currently studying photography at the prestigious Central St Martins in London. Check out her website here – there's even a special shoot featuring Claire over here modelling looks from Fretka, a local designer.

Unbuttoning the blazer and pulling up the sleeves can make a real difference in the way you present the look. Also the pocket square (an old handkerchief which belongs to my mother) is a great detail to add if you feel that your outfit's a bit blah.

Blazer by H&M, chinos and sunglasses by Topman, denim shirt by Zara, shoes by Bata.


I would also like to give a shoutout to Bianca over at The Fashion Carousel who was kind enough to mention us on her blog! I am not only returning the favour out of politeness, but also because I am a great fan of her rock-chic style. Do check her out!

Any comments are welcome; hope you all have a great weekend!

Sandro x

This entry was posted on Saturday, March 23, 2013 and is filed under , , . You can leave a response.

One Response to “ A Different Occasion ”